Monday, October 6, 2008

For Larry

Newfunese v. Cape Breton-ish

First, Cape Breton-ish Don't let the fact that he's talking about a vehicle named the Bonavista - which is in Newfie - fool you. This it a Cape Bretoner trying to be Newfie, but every good Newfie will know he's not a true Newf.




This is a true conversation between two Newfs. See how they talk over each other? Yeah, they really do that..and this is exactly how some of my relatives sound. I understand (most) of it and it makes me homesick.

2 comments:

Dirty Gypsy said...

Oh, man. They sound like auctioneers! I kept waiting to hear "SOLD"!!

I have to say - never heard an accent quite like that!

Larry said...

Jeebus, I thought Donny, the piper from Albannach, was hard to understand.

I didn't get much of either conversation.