Thursday, October 16, 2008

Election? Forget the stupid election! I have something Better..

Meet Chip Stone Shagwell



Pretty neat, huh? Gotta love 3D ultrasounds. That's my baby. It's in my tummy right now. I watched Chip rub his/her eyes and wiggle around and cover his/her face with his/her hands and yawn and fall asleep.

And now I cannot wait until January.

Is it time now?

I wanna hold our baby.

12 weeks to go... 12 weeks and 2 days to my due date. I am dying over here with impatience.

Anyway, for the first and probably only time in this child's life, I am totally being a pageant mom.

Chip is up for a Baby of the Month contest. If we win, we receive a 2nd 3D ultrasound absolutely free.

Normally, I wouldn't care about this but, y'see, Mossy didn't get to go to the first ultrasound because he had "must attend" meetings at work (which were cancelled, right in the middleof my ultrasound).

I *really* want him to see this in action. It's the most amazing, surreal, breathtaking, heartswelling thing short of child birth itself.

So I'm not-so-humbly asking you all to go here, everyday between now and October 22nd, and vote for the cute one in the middle, known as "Baby Sheppard".

Thanks!

5 comments:

Larry said...

Baby Nedd, right? I just voted.

A couple of my good friends just had a baby girl yesterday afternoon. I got to go to the hospital last night after class. She is so cute, I got hold her and rock her for about a half an hour. So cute. Makes me wish...

Steph finally held her after a bit of peer pressure from the baby's mom and I. I believe that this was the first time she faced her fear and actually got experience the awesomeness that is holding a newborn.

Penny said...

Larry, come visit us once the baby is born and i promise you can hold him/her as long as you like.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the bun in the oven!!

Anonymous said...

btw, this is the former ltlme. Changed it to ltlbyte for new blog.

Unknown said...

I voted! I sincerely hope you win - what a cool thing to be able to do.

And yeah, holding my friends' newborn was very, very cool. So cool, in fact, that I went over there on Saturday and held her again. She's so tiny and cute and awesome. :)