Thursday, August 7, 2008

Some People Just Don't Know When to Shut the Fuck Up

For those in the States, the murder of this young man made horrible headlines here last week.

It just didn't seem real that something like this could happen to an innocent man.

Then I read about P.ETA's desire to post this fucked up ad and these bible-thumping assholes threatening to picket this poor man's funeral.

What the hell is wrong with people?

You don't want to eat meat and live a vegan lifestyle? Fine, go ahead. Just don't shove your shit down my throat. I like meat. I LOVE meat. I am a carnivore. We didn't crawl our way to the top of the food chain to eat salads all day long.

You believe God is punishing Canada? Then go back to JesusLand and STAY THE FUCK OUT OF MY COUNTRY.

How is it humane to cause even more pain and grief to the family of Mr. McLean than they've already suffered?

I hope that someone meets those picketers at the border and turns their asses back to Kansas. If they manage to show up at the funeral, I hope they're met with hunting rifles and baseball bats. God knows, I'd be first in line to greet them.

10 comments:

Larry said...

That is horrible. I had never heard of that case before this post.

However, I have heard of Mr. Phelps, as he and his little fucked up family have made several appearances in St. Louis for servicemens' funerals. We have a wonderful group of motorcyclists who have a club. The Patriot Guard Motorcyle Club. Most of which are vets. They, along with local law enforcement and other agencies protect the families of the fallen by parking firetrucks between the funeral and the picketing asshats. The motorcycle club revs their motorcycles near them to keep their profane shouts from being heard. And the permits that they are given to protest only allow them so close to the actual event. It seems to work out well.

Penny said...

Larry, that's a brilliant idea.

Apparently the last time this ass tried to come up to Canada, they were "detained" for several hours at the border and their picket signs were confiscated as contraband pursuant to the Hate Crimes Act.

The only justice for people like Phelps is that one day he will stand before his maker who will say, "What the FUCK were you doing?!" and send him to some nasty, nasty place.

Larry said...

Amen.

He should know about "Judge not, lest ye be judged." Some people just don't seem to remember that the Bible doesn't teach hatred and bigotry. Nor does the Qur'an or Torah, any of the Hindu or Buddhist teachings that I am aware of. Or even correctly practiced Wicca. But for some reason people seem to like to justify their ignorance and hatred of others with religion. Which is precisely why, even as a Christian, I am perfectly content to practice by myself and keep my views to myself, unless I am asked specifically.

Outburst said...

It's one thing to care about humane treatment for animals, but PETA frequently takes things too far... perhaps because it's the only way to be heard, but it still makes them look like morons.

lowk said...

I Love You!!!!!!

lowk said...

Just remembered, Freedom of Speech means having to deal with assholes like that.

Penny said...

Lowk, you have to balance Freedom of Speech (which is American, but I'm sure we have the equivalent here in Canada) with the Hate Crimes Act (which we have, and I assume you have something similar?).

I wish somebody would blow up a old (preferably abandoned building) and blame Phelps and his lot. I don't want anyone hurt, but it'd be nice to see the US's Homeland Security turn their eyes to those idiots, no?

Dtrini said...

I don't need to say it all again so I will suffice with simply saying, "Right On, Sister!!"

lowk said...

Penny, I hate those shitheads as much as you do but freedom is not easy to have. If we shut them out whose to say it won't happen to us because our views differ from others. Neo-Nazi's and the Arryan Nation been spewing out crap for years but to stop it we have to become the oppressors. I know I don't want people trying to take away my rights either. So I try to accept ignorant folks for what they are. IGNORANT! But just as soon as they cross the line and physically hurt someone I'll be the first to hurt back, HARD!

Mossy Stone said...

Well, honey, there are even local people who don't know when to STF Up either.

http://www.thestar.com/News/GTA/article/477380

Check out this monument to selfishness.