Tuesday, July 8, 2008

How Truly UNCanadian

This kind of fucked up self-righteous, holier-than-thou thinking drives me around the fucking bend!

You may not agree with everything Morgentaler did and represented, but he saved a lot of women from the coathanger and quacks.

I don't agree with abortion as a form of birth control, but I do know that Dr. Morgentaler fought for better health care for women. He also stood up and did these things at time when it was very controversial and put his life in grave danger to do it.

If you don't believe in abortion at all, fine...that's YOUR right. But I cannot stand these people who line the sidewalks on major corners holding up signs with pictures of a hacked up fetus and "ABORTION IS MURDER" signs. How DARE you preach your self-righteous bullshit?

I often wonder how the beliefs of those people would change if one of their young daughters was violently r.aped and became pregnant at 12 or 13. Would they still insist their child have a child?

I'm sure they're mostly wonderful people but truly I cannot stand those who try to shove their religious or ethical beliefs down my throat. I truly wish the Religious Right would jut disappear at let people live in peace.

As for that priest that was 'pardoned' for his 'incidents' in his group home? I'm sure he's heard that wonderful old saying...

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone..."

3 comments:

Larry said...

looks like we both found judgemental pricks to rant on. I share your views almost to a t.

Callie said...

Amen.

In a totally non-religious sense, that is.

lowk said...

Welcome to the club. I put up with that kinda shit all the time. what with hunting and supporting the Death Penalty and All the other radical left wing stuff that use to be the norm.