Thursday, July 10, 2008

Hi, My Name Is Penny

...and I'm a hormonal mess.

I don't remember being this weepy when pregnant with the Wondertwins, but then again that was a long time ago.

However, I am now crying at commercials. The one below gets me every time...



Want to know what else makes me weepy? My babies are all grown up. Here are pictures from their Grade 8 Graduations (school here goes JK - Gr 8 and then high school to Gr. 12).

Here's my gorgeous baby girl:



Here's my handsome little boy - look all grown up with his hair straightened*:


As my babies head towards high school, the same thought keeps going through my head: thank God I'm having one more. I need a baby in the house.

I will always need something to baby. I guess when Chip grows up and moves out, I'll have to get a dog or something....cuz God knows Mossy won't let me have any more kids!

*When The Boy described how the stylist had straightened his hair, he said, "Mom, it looks just like Luke Skywalker in Return of the Jedi!" Heinous Geekery from my boy!

5 comments:

Callie said...

WOW! They are so gorgeous!!!!!

I always wondered what they looked like. Figured with your genes, they'd be pretty awesome.

I desperately wanted another baby after Munchkin started getting into her toddler years. But, hubby and I had a deal - zero population growth. We've replaced ourselves on this planet.

*sniffle*

I keep trying to convince him we can adopt. He just looks at me and replies, "Honey, who would willingly give us another child?"

The man does have a point . . .

Penny said...

Thanks, Callie. I'm pretty proud of them.

I figure I've already replaced myself and my ex with the Wondertwins, so this baby is Mark's replacement.

Though the Canadian population is dropping, so we need more babies!

I'd give you another child. I think you two are awesome.

Larry said...

All this baby talk. My niece just turned 1, my godson turns 1 in less than a month, my neighbor is having a baby any day, one of my friends just had one, and another couple of friends are well on their way to their second. Here I am at 30 without one. I thought by now...I'm not even a woman, but the thought of being a father had me stirred once.

Penny said...

Larry, believe me when I say you have plenty of time.

I think Mark is more ready at 40 to have a child than he ever was at 30. Your biological clock shouldn't start ticking for another 10 years at least.

I have no doubt that you'll meet the person and settle down with lots of time to spare.

Bettina said...

I love the fact that you cry at commercials. That is so bad that it is good again.

Beautiful kids, by the way. You must be very proud of them.